The traffic report caught my attention, “lots of people confused this morning because Brookshire is closed.”
What?!
Not that this affects me since I’m an I-85/485/S Tryon exit kind of gal.
But why are people confused?
When I get to work in the mornings and my morning tasks are done, I click over to the Charlotte Observer and get smacked in the face with “Robbery suspect dead after car chases closes Brookshire.”

The article reads like an action movie. Someone robs somebody and pistol whips them. Cops chase Mustang with suspects, give up chase because speeds are high and dangerous. Suspect(s) crash mustang, carjack a Gastonia SWAT team member’s car after he tries to help at the crash site. The suspect(s) crash carjacked SUV, it explodes because the SUV contained ammunition. One criminal dead, the other in custody. According to Observer, it’ll be till mid-afternoon before the mess gets cleaned up. We’ll see.
In other front page Observer news, the uncle of a girl I went to school with and the brother of the Gaston County sheriff was charged with soliciting a crime against nature in a HushHush prostitution case. Way to blow a $1000 bucks! He’s also the VP of Mary Jo’s Cloth Store, one of the largest fabric stores in the area, which I frequent once in a while for my fashionista needs.Cloninger is the recent addition of men paying for sexual favors here in town. Skipper Beck (the owner of the Benz dealership in town) had his skipper serviced by another agency in town that got busted about a year ago.
Way to go guys!
There’s a plethora of Panther information as well but I’ll save it all for after the game. We better eat those Cardinals and spit the feathers out when we’re done.
No comments:
Post a Comment